Friday, January 4, 2013

Mountain King - Magma Edition WIP



My ability to blog apparently surfaces when I'm painting trolls. Each year I take a faction hop, and with a trip planned for Lock and Load, it's back to trolls. Out of all the factions I have painted, the magma themed trolls have the best visual pop on the table.

Of course instead of accepting lists comprised of already painted models, I'm off to try and paint pretty much a fresh 50 points of trolls before June.

The rules aren't stellar, but the Mountain King is an amazing model. I'm trying to use a similar technique to magma mulg, but with more variation on the rocks due to the size.
 



yellow, orange and red undercoat with initial black washes

Calandra is way too much fun on the table, so she's on my official short list of casters to bring to Lock and Load. Nothing says giving the finger to the laws of probability like standing on a shaky column of rock surrounded by magma. I have quite a bit of work still to do on Calandra to get the yellows meshing properly.



No comments: